John G. Watkins, Esq.
John Watkins was born and raised in St. Louis, MO. He attended UNLV and graduated Magna Cum Laude from University of Missouri in Saint Louis with a B. A. in Philosophy in 1977. He received his J. D. from St. Louis University (Billikens) in 1980. He was allowed to practice law during his third year of law school pursuant to authorization by the Missouri Supreme Court. His assignment was to Legal Aid in St. Louis where he represented indigents. He worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Judge Pavlikowski in 1980 before becoming a Deputy District Attorney (Criminal Division) in the Clark County District Attorney’s Office in 1981 under Bob Miller.
He has since ran his own legal practice for over 33 years focusing on Civil Litigation and Criminal Defense work. He is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell with a perfect 5. He is licensed to practice law in Nevada. He was admitted to the Nevada State Bar in 1980, the U. S. Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit in 1983, and the United States Supreme Court in 1986.
- John G. Watkins, Esq. Las Vegas, NV (1983 to Present)
- Clark County District Attorney’s Office Criminal Division, Las Vegas, NV (1981)
- Honorable Judge Pavlikowski Law Clerk, Las Vegas, NV (1980)
- Legal Aid (Third Year of Law School) St. Louis, MO (1979)
- Saint Louis University, School of Law (Billikens) St. Louis, MO
J. D. (1980)
- University of Missouri St. Louis, MO
B. A. Philosophy (1977)
Magna Cum Laude
- University of Nevada Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV (1976)
- State Bar of Nevada (1980)
- United States Supreme Court (1986)>
- U. S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (1983)
- U. S. District Court, District of Nevada (1981)
- Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice
Defender of the Year (2003)
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- American Bar Association (1984 – 1996)
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association
- State Commander for the Nevada National Guard Reserve
Rank: Colonel (06)
- Battalion Commander for the Nevada National Guard Reserve
- Legal Officer for the Nevada National Guard Reserve
Received State Commendation Medal
- Provided free legal services for soldiers deployed to Desert Storm & their families.
- State Chairman for the Employers Support for the Guard and Reserve
- Free legal services to many who lacked the funds to hire a lawyer.
- Married for 46 years to Barbara Watkins with four sons, five grandchildren, and one great grandchild.